Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Public Speaking and Me!

Public speaking is the process of speaking to a group of people in a structured, deliberate manner intended to inform, influence, or entertain the listeners. The purpose of public speaking can range from simply transmitting information, to motivating people to act, to simply telling a story. Good orators should be able to change the emotions of their listeners, not just inform them. Public speaking can also be considered a discourse community. It contains elements of a discourse community that exist in many mediums and forms that serve different purposes for society and business among other areas of communication. Public speaking can be a powerful tool to use for purposes such as motivation, influence, persuasion, informing, translation, or simply entertaining.


Public Speaking an important skill today because it is the heart of every organization. Everything i doing the workplace result from communication. Therefore good reading, writing, speaking and listening skills are essential if task are going to be completed and goals achieved. As i develop my career i will find various reasons why successful communication skills are important to me, for example. To secure an interview. I need good communication skills to make sure my application letter is read and acted upon. To get the job. I need to communicate well during my interview. To do my job well. I need to request information, discuss problem, give instruction, work in teams, interact with colleagues and clients. To advance in my career. Employers want staff who can think for themselves, use initiative and solve problem, staff who are interested in the long-term success of the company. If i to be seen as a valued member of the organization, it is important not just to be able to do my job well, but also to communicate my thoughts on how the processes and products or services can be improve.


My problem when asked to speak in front of other people is i'm ‘Drying up' or not being able to speak. Im forgetting what im talking about and my mind going blank. Having the heckler from Hell. Having someone in the audience who knows more than i do. People also noticing that im nervous. Furthermore, Im feel the impossible to answer ‘question from Hell'. Then,the audience talking over me or walking out and im dying on stage.

2 comments:

Gurlz Boyz said...

nice speach -comopoint Terengganu-

Gurlz Boyz said...

hmmmmm boleh tahan jugak....